Friday, 1 August 2008

Goldfish like milk too.



We're having a sick day at home today. Lulu is still in her PJs, we're not so well, she's coughing and spluttering and snuffling and I'm feverish and have revolting things in my throat and a splitting headache, yukko.
I'm really lucky that Lulu is the sort of kid who is happy to noodle around at home and be creative and silly, she doesn't get bored. I have Bear Park to thank for that I think! She spent the morning in her 'ship' (Geordie's capsule) with his teddy bears sailing the 7 seas, this afternoon after making block icecreams she's made a bed for her rubber goldfish in a cup with a tissue and water (yuk). But you know, she's sweet and doesn't complain about being bored when I don't have the energy to do much. 
Took this pic while she had afternoon tea, she's having her 'Kiwi' yoghurt, Feijoa and apricot, her cup of milk with a special treat sippah straw which the rubber goldfish is enjoying as well. 
Now she's playing hide and seek by herself. 
 

6 comments:

Sharon Larmour said...

Hope you all feel better Jo. It's hard to be Mum to everyone when you feel like shite. Hope that man of yours is looking after you.

Lulu sounds like Jemima, she loves to potter around make her own fun with whatever she finds lying around. Today she was making beds for her animals out of the odd socks in the washing basket. She was as happy as Larry.

xxx

jan said...

Hope your all feeling much, much better soon Jo, not nice when you're sick and still have to soldier on.
That's so lovely that Lulu is happy in her own company, I wish Ella and Hudson were, they both need constant attention if it's just us.

Kathryn Woods said...

I hope all of you are well now Jo. Being sick sucks. xxxx

ps. I'm loving that goldfish.

Rachel said...

She is so cute : ) love the goldfish! Hope you are all feeling much better now Jo Jo

Rach xxx

Dustyjo said...

Thanks guys, I'm still sick but at the tail end on antibiotics and steroids (!) for my lungs. Has been awful, but getting back to normal.
Geordie seems to be getting better too and Asha is doing well.

Dustyjo said...

Oh Sharon so cute - Jemima is getting cuter every time I see her.
Don't worry Jan they drain me too .. just lucky that Lulu knows when I need a break I think! I feel for you though.
Still sick but at the tail end.