Sunday, 26 October 2008

One month on ..


We're back in our house, it's been tidied up with thanks to Matt's parents in the garden, huge effort from them as well as Matt and myself and the girls! Geordie has been a fabulous Site Manager/Cheer Squad. The garden is back to a neat condition at the front and basically a flat dry wasteland out the back, ready to be worked on! 

Asha is happily settled at her new school, she's found her feet so quickly thanks to identifying with three of the children in her class, Alice, Rupert and Hannah who I'd told her she had known as a baby, amazing how connected she feels to them. I've also reconnected with their families which has been really lovely. 

Lulu has started Kindy down our street two afternoons a week and is in her element there, instantly happy. The kids understand the history of the house and the places around and have settled in amazingly. 

Geordie has been incredible, he's really a chilled out little man, a smile for everyone who gives him one and such a sweetness about him. Just need to work a little on the night waking though really we're dealing with it just fine. He's just moved into his tiny little room last night, went well, I coped better than I thought I would. Could be the start of some longer sleeps from him. 

Matt has the next week off work and has been putting an amazing effort into the house, project managing the renovations, and we've been bouncing ideas off each other and it's coming together well. I forsee a very comfortable home by the end of the week if we keep the momentum up, will be so great to have Matt home so that both he and I are able to get the things we need to done while the children are run around and cared for!

I need to find a new hairdresser, priorities priorities! Trini is going to help me with some design ideas, new blinds, light fittings etc. which desperately need updating. But one step at a time, we've already done so much in a few weeks, don't want to burn out! 

Trini and Mark helped out a lot today unpacking books (Trini), lifting heavy objects (Mark!) all while being madly and viciously loved by their neices and nephew. Thank you guys. XX

So there is the round up for now wow, it's so HOT! And DRY and DUSTY, we're really having a culture shock with the weather and environment, but jeez do I love the drying time on the old Hills Hoist!

A random photo added - Matt and Geordie yesterday at Spensley Street Primary School's Tempting Fete yesterday, we used to go every year Geordie was having a ball boogying to the band, and you should have seen Lulu!  .. will hopefully be back around more often now that I have laptop (though battery still broken) and broadband!

3 comments:

traceyleigh said...

It's the dryness that I couldn't get over! I loved the heat :-) But I couldn't get over how dry it was and out at Geelong it kind of added this element of making everything look run down in a way. It was nice out Castlemaine way though..actually it was still slightly dry but around Macedon etc was lovely and green. Gorgeous area. I have such mixed emotions about my trip home. Loving elements of Melbourne and home but at the same time, appreciating so much of where I live right here and now.

Would love to see pics of the house when you can :-)

Dustyjo said...

I completely agree. Matt and my first impression of Melbourne was of mess, scrubby nature strips and public areas, weeds and dust after the green neatness of Auckland (particularly our area).
Macedon is seriously beautiful isn't it .. a different world!

Will get onto the house once it's more together. :)

Kathryn Woods said...

Welcome home Jo. Wow, you guys have been very productive. I wish we had the motivation to get into our yard..... I'm so very happy to hear that you have all slid into a happy life in Melbourne. I think your kids would be happy anywhere. Glad you've found a good school and kindy. Stay cool. xxxx