Thursday, 11 September 2008

First Goodbyes


They're starting. Yesterday was Annabel. Of course I cried, she's so staunch, typical Kiwi teenager, but she's brilliant, so cool under pressure, just so cool. 
Annabel was our afternoon babysitter, she'd come by and play with the girls while I did the supermarket shopping with Geordie, that sort of thing. She was completely interactive with Asha and Lulu, let them boss her around (to a degree) but read to them, played Musical Statues with them, did drawings, played teachers, and watched Charlie and Lola. 
She'll go far that girl. 

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Aww. It must have been so nice to have Annabelle around. So is she leaving or you???

AND What were you doing in the background, the kids look a bit kooky :P

Kathryn Woods said...

hilarious little faces! Dani is right - kooky. lol. Did you know 'kooky' is one of my favourite words. Way overused around here.

Where is the lovely Annabel going? Uni?

I need an Annabel. Desperately. HAve you found a replacement yet?

love to you and your tribe of Bevos. xxxx

Dustyjo said...

Dani! The kids and Annabel had been running amok in the back yard, they were in a fruity kind of mood!

And yes, slowly making it public knowledge as we are in denial due to sadness that we are indeed moving back to Melbourne, in 10 days time. I think I need to do a new post huh?

Kathryn Woods said...

get out of town! I didn't realise you were moving back. Melbourne? I'll email you later. Just over for a ubeer exciting trip to Ikea. Hope you're all OK xxxxx

Georgia said...

10 days! That is a quick move!
We're off again too, only an hour or so away for us, but I'm still not looking forward to it.