Sunday, 15 June 2008

Storylines



It's that time of year again and the Storylines Festival was on at Aotea Square, five levels of books, authors talking and signing, craft activities, face painting and crowds. Highlights were meeting Hairy Maclairy and Clifford (as was last year) and meeting Babette Cole and getting her to sign a copy of Princess Smartypants .. we watched a talk she gave, she's a total crack up and Asha put up her hand and asked her a question into the microphone I was quite proud!
Tanya Batt was scheduled to perform but had cancelled and I was so disappointed .. she's my idol. *Wail!* But a bargain was found, I bought the 7th Harry Potter for $12.50, will put on the shelf and hopefully read it one day as I'm still up to the start of HP5 as of about 4 years ago. Whoops. Maybe purchasing this new one will inspire me to get reading again. 

3 comments:

Kathryn Woods said...

Wow, what a great event. That's brilliant for the girls. And for you too. Ruby has school hols coming up soon and she has added "go to the big library" (State Library) to the holiday list of things to do!

Dustyjo said...

Yay for 'big' libraries. Do you have a good Museum in Brissy? The one here in Auckland has amazing rooms - can I tempt you to come over? The sea rooms have see through floors with real live crays and rock pools underneath for example. Just brilliant.

Danielle said...

I remember you posting about this last year. What a great event. I LOVE their threadless tees. I have been meaning to order some for the girls but I'm never quick enough for the right sizes.